read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Paul Shares His Love and Encouragement
Today's Passage: Romans 15:1-22
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the chapter NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
1. We who are strong must be considerate of those who are sensitive about things like this. We must not just please ourselves.
2. We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord.
3. For even Christ didn't live to please himself. As the Scriptures say, "The insults of those who insult you, O God, have fallen on me."
4. Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God's promises to be fulfilled.
5. May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Christ Jesus.
6. Then all of you can join together with one voice, giving praise and glory to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7. Therefore, accept each other just as Christ has accepted you so that God will be given glory.
8. Remember that Christ came as a servant to the Jews to show that God is true to the promises he made to their ancestors.
9. He also came so that the Gentiles might give glory to God for his mercies to them. That is what the psalmist meant when he wrote:
"For this, I will praise you among the Gentiles;
I will sing praises to your name."
10. And in other place it is written,
"Rejoice with his people,
11. And yet again,
"Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles.
Praise him, all you people of the earth."
12. And in another place Isaiah said.
"The heir to David's throne will come,
and he will rule over the Gentiles.
They will place their hope on him."
13. I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Paul's Reason for Writing
14. I am fully convinced, my dear brothers and sisters, that you are full of goodness. You know these things so well you can teach each other all about them.
15. Even so, I have been bold enough to write about some of these points, knowing that all you need is this reminder. For by God's grace,
16. I am a special messenger from Christ Jesus to you Gentiles. I bring you the Good News so that I might present you as an acceptable offering to God, made holy by the Holy Spirit.
17. So I have reason to be enthusiastic about all Christ Jesus has done through me in my service to God.
18. Yet I dare not boast about anything except what Christ has done through me, bringing the Gentiles to God by my message and by the way I worked among them.
19. They were convinced by the power of miraculous signs and wonders and by the power of God's Spirit. in this way. I have fully presented the Good News of Christ from Jerusalem all the way to Illyricum.
20. My ambition has always been to preach the Good News where the name of Christ has never been heard, rather than where a church has already been started by someone else.
21. I have been following the plan spoken of in the Scriptures, where it says.
"Those who have never been told about him will see,
and those who have never heard of him will understand."
22. In fact, my visit to you has been delayed so long because I have been preaching in these places.
Romans 15:3-22 NLT
What three verses do you think are the most important verses of this passage.
There is not a 'right' answer. Allow God to lead you today in this question.
On another day, in another place, God might lead you to three other verses that are important in this passage.
8th strategy. Chose three important verses that speak to you today.
Thank you for speaking to us through Your words.
We are so grateful for you personally bringing us the words that encourage us and build us up.
Let us take the Good News as we can to all we can.
In your Holy Name,
Please leave your name and your last initial in the comments below.
In four days we will have been posting these scriptures for 100 days.
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.