read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Living to Please Others
Today's Passage: Romans 15:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
A simple strategy: Building Blocks
1. We who are strong must be considerate of those who are sensitive about things like this. We must not just please ourselves.
2. We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord.
3. For even Christ didn't live to please himself. As the Scriptures say, "The insults of those who insult you, O God, have fallen on me."
4. Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God's promises to be fulfilled.
5. May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Christ Jesus.
6. Then all of you can join together with one voice, giving praise and glory to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7. Therefore, accept each other just as Christ has accepted you so that God will be given glory.
8. Remember that Christ came as a servant to the Jews to show that God is true to the promises he made to their ancestors.
9. He also came so that the Gentiles might give glory to God for his mercies to them. That is what the psalmist meant when he wrote:
"For this, I will praise you among the Gentiles; I will sing praises to your name."
10. And in another place it is written, "Rejoice with his people, you Gentiles."
11. And yet again, "Praise the LORD, all you Gentiles. Praise him, all you people of the earth."
12. And in another place Isaiah said, "The heir to David's throne will come, and he will rule over the Gentiles. They will place their hope on him."
13. I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:1-13 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.