read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Moses and the Burning Bush
Today's Passage: Exodus 3:1-22
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
History - So, now I know where it is.
1. One day Moses was tending the flock of his father-in-law, Jethro, the priest of Midian. He led the flock far into the wilderness and came to Sinai, the mountain of God.
2. There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in a blazing fire from the middle of a bush. Moses stared in amazement. Though the bush was engulfed in flames, it didn't burn up.
3. "This is amazing,"Moses said to himself. "Why isn't that bush burning up? I must go see it.
4. When the LORD saw Moses coming to take a closer look, God called to him from the middle of the bush, "Moses! Moses!"
"Here I am!" Moses replied.
5. "Do not come any closer," the LORD warned. "Take off your sandals, for you are standing on holy ground.
6. I am the God of your father — the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." When Moses heard this, he covered his face because he was afraid to look at God.
7. Then the Lord told him, "I have certainly seen the oppression of my people in Egypt. I have heard their cries of distress because of their harsh slave drivers. Yes, I am aware of their suffering.
8. So I have come down to rescue them from the power of the Egyptians and lead them out of Egypt into their own fertile and spacious land. It is a land flowing with milk and honey — the land where the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites now live.
9. Look! The cry of the people of Israel has reached me, and I have seen how harshly the Egyptians abuse them.
10. Now go, for I am sending you to Pharaoh. You must lead my people Israel out of Egypt."
11. But Moses protested to God, "Who am I to appear before Pharaoh? Who am I to lead the people Israel out of Egypt?"
12. God answered, "I will be with you. And this is your sign that I am the one who has sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God at this very mountain."
14. God replied to Moses, "I Am Who I Am. Say this to the people of Israel: I Am has sent me to you."
15. God also said to Moses, "Say this to the people of Israel: Yahweh, the God of your ancestors — the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob — has sent me to you.
This is my eternal name, my name to remember for all generations.
16. "Now go and call together all the elders of Israel. Tell them, 'The Lord, the God of your ancestors — the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob — has appeared to me. He told me, "I have been watching closely and I see how the Egyptians are treating you.
17. I have promised to rescue you from your oppression in Egypt. I will lead you to a land flowing with milk and honey — the land where the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites now live."'
18. "The elders of Israel will accept your message. Then you and the elders must go to the king of Egypt and tell him, 'The LORD, the God of the Hebrews, has met with us. So please let us take a three-day journey into the wilderness to offer sacrifices to the LORD, our God.'
19. "But I know that the king of Egypt will not let you go unless a mighty hand forces him.
20. So I will raise my hand and strike the Egyptians, performing all kinds of miracles among them. Then at last he will let you go.
21. And I will cause the Egyptians to look favorably on you. They will give you gifts when you go so you will not leave empty-handed.
22. Every Israelite woman will ask for articles of silver and gold and fine clothing from her Egyptian neighbors and from the foreign women in their houses. You will dress your sons and daughters with these, stripping the Egyptians of their wealth."
Exodus 3:1-22 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.