read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Making Bricks Without Straw
Today's Passage: Exodus 5:6-23
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
From the Ancients - Lectio Divina
THIS STRATEGY IS AN AGE OLD STRATEGY - No one has a copyright on this - use it freely! It is wonderful!
All other strategies, please contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. That same day Pharaoh sent this order to the Egptian slave drivers and the Israelite foreman:
7. "Do not supply any more straw for making bricks. Make the people get it themselves!
8. But still require them to make the same number of bricks as before. Don't reduce the quota.
They are lazy. That's why they are crying out, 'Let us go and offer sacrifices to our God.'
9. Load them down with more work. Make them sweat! That will teach them to listen to lies!"
10. So the slave drivers and foremen went out and told the people: "This is what Pharaoh says: I will not provide any more straw for you.
11. Go and get it yourselves. Find it wherever you can. But you must produce just as many bricks as before!"
12. So the people scattered throughout the land of Egypt in search of stubble to use as straw.
13. Meanwhile, the Egyptian slave drivers continued to push hard. "Meet your daily quota of bricks, just as you did when we provided you with straw!" they demanded.
14. Then they whipped the Israelite foremen they had put in charge of the work crews. "Why haven't you met your quotas either yesterday or today?" they demanded.
15. So the Israelite foremen went to Pharaoh and pleaded with him. "Please don't treat your servants like this," they begged.
16. "We are given no straw, but the slave drivers still demand, 'Make bricks!' We are being beaten, but it isn't our fault! Your own people are to blame!"
17. But Pharaoh shouted, "You're just lazy! Lazy! That's why you're saying, 'Let us go and offer sacrifices to the LORD.'
18. Now get back to work! No straw will be given to you, but you must still produce the full quota of bricks."
19. The Israelite foremen could see that they were in serious trouble when they were told, "You must not reduce the number of bricks you make each day"
20 As they left Pharaoh's court, they confronted Moses and Aaron, who were waiting outside for them.
21. The foremen said to them, "May the LORD judge and punish you for making us stink before Pharaoh and his officials. You have put a sword into their hands, an excuse to kill us!
22. Then Moses went back to the LORD and protested, "Why have you brought all this trouble on your own people, Lord? Why did you send me?
23. Ever since I came to Pharaoh as your spokesman, he has been even more brutal to your people. And you have done nothing to rescue them!"
Exodus 5:6-23 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.