read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The The Ancestors of Moses and Aaron
Today's Passage: Exodus 6:14-30
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Foreshadowing, Promises, and/or Fulfillment of Promises
14. These are the ancestors of some of the clans of Israel:
The sons of Reuben, Israel's oldest son, were Hanock, Pallu, Hezron, and Carmi. Their descendants became the clans of Reuben.
15. The sons of Simeon were Jemuel, Jamin, Ohad, Jakin Zohar, and Shaul. (Shaul's mother was a Canaanite woman.) Their descendants became the clans of Simeon.
16. These are the descendants of Levi, as listed in their family records: The sons of Levi were Gershon, Kohath, and Merari. (Levi lived to be 137 years old.)
17. The descendants of Gershon included Libni and Shimei, each of whom became the ancestor of a clan.
18. The descendants of Kohath included Amram, Izhar, Hebron, and Uzziel. (Kohath lived to be 133 years old.)
19. The descendants of Merari include Mahli and Mushi.
These are the clans of the Levites, as listed in their family records.
20. Amram married his father's sister Jochebed, and she gave birth to his sons, Aaron and Moses. (Amram lived to be 137 years old.)
21. The sons of Ishar were Korah, Nepheg, and Zicri.
22. The sons of Uzziel were Mishael, Elzaphan, and Sithri.
23. Aaron married Elisheba, the daughter of Amminadab and sister of Nahshon, and gave birth to his sons, Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.
24. The sons of Korah were Assire, Elkanah, and Abiasaph. Their descendants became the clans of Korah.
25. Eleazar son of Aaron married one of the daughters of Putiel, and she gave birth to his son, Phinehas.
These are the ancestors of the Levite families, listed according to their clans.
26. The Aaron and Moses named in this list are the same ones to whom the LORD said, "Lead the people of Israel out of the land of Egypt like an army."
27. It was Moses and Aaron who spoke to Pharaoh, the king of Egypt, about leading the people of Israel out of Egypt.
28. When the LORD spoke to Moses in the land of Egypt,
29. he said to him, "I am the LORD! Tell Pharaoh, the king of Egypt, everything I am telling you."
30. But Moses argued with the LORD, saying, "I can't do it! I'm such a clumsy speaker! Why should Pharaoh listen to me?"
Exodus 6:14-30 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.