read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Today's Passage: Mark 9:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
History - So, now I know where it is.
1. Jesus went on to say, "I tell you the truth, some standing here right now will not die before they see the Kingdom of God arrive in great power!"
2. Six days later Jesus took Peter, James, and John, and led them up a high mountain to be alone. As the men watched, Jesus' appearance was transformed,
3. and his clothes became dazzling white, far whiter than any earthly bleach could ever make them.
4. Then Elijah and Moses appeared and began talking with Jesus.
5. Peter exclaimed, "Rabbi, it's wonderful for us to be here! Let's make three shelters as memorials — one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah."
6. He said this because he didn't really know what else to say, for they were all terrified.
7. Then a cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my dearly loved Son. Listen to him."
8. Suddenly, when they looked around, Moses and Elijah were gone, and they saw only Jesus with them.
9. As they went back down the mountain, he told them not to tell anyone what they had seen until the Son of Man had risen from the dead.
10. So they kept it to themselves, but they often asked each other what he meant by "rising from the dead."
11. They they asked him, "Why do the teachers of religious law insist that Elijah must return before the Messiah comes?"
12. Jesus responded, "Elijah is indeed coming first to get everything ready. Yet why do the Scriptures say that the Son of Man must suffer greatly and be treated with utter contempt?
13. But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they chose to abuse him, just as the Scriptures predicted."
Mark 9:1-13 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.