read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus Heals a Demon Possessed Boy
Today's Passage: Mark 9:14-29
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
History - So, now I know where it is.
14. When they returned to the other disciples, they saw a large crowd surrounding them, and some teachers of religious law were arguing with them.
15. When the crowd saw Jesus, they were overwhelmed with awe, and they ran to greet him.
16. "What is all this arguing about?"
17. One of the men in the crowd spoke up and said, "Teacher, I brought my son so you could heal him. He is possessed by an evil spirit that won't let him talk.
18. And whenever this spirit seizes him, it throws him violently to the ground. Then he foams at the mouth and grinds his teeth and becomes rigid. So I asked your disciples to cast out the evil spirit, but they couldn't do it.
19. Jesus said to them, "You faithless people! How long must I be with you? How long must I put up with you? Bring the boy to me."
20. So they brought the boy. But when the evil spirit saw Jesus, it threw the child into a violent convulsion, and he fell to the ground, writhing and foaming at the mouth.
21. "How long has this been happening?" Jesus asked the boy's father?
He replied, "Since he was a little boy.
22. The spirit often throws him into the fire or into the water, trying to kill him. Have mercy on us and help us, if you can."
23. "What do you mean, 'If I can.'?" Jesus asked. "Anything is possible if a person believes."
24. The father instantly cried out, "I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!"
25. When Jesus saw that the crowd of onlookers was growing, he rebuked the evil spirit. "Listen, you spirit that makes this boy unable to hear and speak," he said. "I command you to come out of this child and never enter him again!"
26. Then the spirit screamed and threw the boy into another violent convulsion and left him. The boy appeared to be dead. A murmur ran through the crowd as people said, "He's dead."
27. But Jesus took him by the hand and helped him to his feet, and he stood up.
28. Afterward, when Jesus was alone in the house with his disciples, they asked him, "Why couldn't we cast out that evil spirit?"
29. Jesus replied, "This kind can be cast out only by prayer."
Mark 9:14-29 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.