read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Discussion about Divorce and Marriage
Today's Passage: Mark 10:1-12
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
And What Do I Do With That?
1. Then Jesus left Capernaum and went down to the region of Judea and into the area east of the Jordan River. Once again crowds gathered around him, and as usual he was teaching them.
2. Some Pharisees came and tried to trap him with this question: "Should a man be allowed to divorce his wife?"
3. Jesus answered them with a question: "What did Moses say in the law about divorce?"
4. "Well, he permitted it," they replied. "He said a man can give his wife a written notice of divorce and send her away."
5. But Jesus responded, "He wrote this commandment only as a concession to your hard hearts.
6. But 'God made them male and female' from the beginning of creation.
7. 'This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife,
8. and two are united into one.' Since they are no longer two but on,'
9. let no one split apart what God has joined together."
10. Later, when he was alone with his disciples in the house, they brought up the subject again.
11. He told them, "Whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery against her.
12. And if a woman divorces her husband and marries someone else, she commits adultery."
Mark 10:1-12 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.