read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Rich Young Ruler
Today's Passage: Mark 10:17-31
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Asking Questions about the Passage and Allowing this Passage to Change My Life.
17. As Jesus was starting out on his way to Jerusalem, a man came running up to him, knelt down, and asked, "Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
18. "Why do you call me good?" Jesus asked. "Only God is truly good.
19. But to answer your question, you know the commandments: 'You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. You must not cheat anyone. Honor your father and mother.'"
20. "Teacher," the man replied, "I've obeyed all these commandments since I was young."
21. Looking at the man, Jesus felt genuine love for him. "There is still one thing you haven't done," he told him. "Go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
22. At this the man's face fell, and he went away sad, for he had many possessions.
23. Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the Kingdom of God!"
24. This amazed them. But Jesus said again, "Dear children, it is very hard to enter the Kingdom of God.
25. In fact, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!"
26. The disciples were astounded. "Then who in the world can be saved?" they asked.
27. Jesus looked at them intently and said, "Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But not with God. Everything is possible with God."
28. Then Peter began to speak up, "We've given up everything to follow you," he said.
29. "Yes," Jesus replied, "and I assure you that everyone who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or property, for my sake and for the Good News,
30. will receive now in return a hundred times as many houses; brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and property — along with persecution. And in the world to come that person will have eternal life.
31. But many who are the greatest now will be least important then, and those who seem least important now will be the greatest then."
Mark 10:17-31 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.