read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus Teaches About Serving Others
Today's Passage: Mark 10:35-45
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Asking Questions about the Passage and
Allowing this Passage to Change My Life.
35. Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came over and spoke to him. "Teacher," they said, "we want you to do us a favor."
36. "What is your request?" he asked.
37. They replied, "When you sit on your glorious throne, we want to sit in places of honor next to you, one on your right and the other on your left."
38. But Jesus said to them, "You don't know what you are asking! Are you able to drink from the bitter cup of suffering I am about to drink? Are you able to be baptized with the baptism of suffering I must be baptized with?"
39. "Oh yes," they replied, "we are able!"
Then Jesus told them, "You will indeed drink from my bitter cup and be baptized with my baptism of suffering.
40. But I have no right to say who will sit on my right or my left. God has prepared those places for the ones he has chosen.'
41. When the ten other disciples heard what James and John had asked, they were indignant.
42. So Jesus called them together and said, "You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them.
43. But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant,
44. and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else.
45. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many."
Mark 10:35-45 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.