read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
A Message About Egypt
Today's Passage: Isaiah 19:1-25
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Foreshadowing, Prophecy, Promises,
and/or Fulfillment of Foreshadowing, Prophecy, or Promises
1. This message came to me concerning Egypt:
Look! The LORD is advancing against Egypt, riding on a swift cloud. The idols of Egypt tremble. The hearts of the Egyptians melt with fear.
2. 'I will make Egyptian fight against Egyptian — brother against against brother, neighbor against neighbor, city against city, province against province.
3. The Egyptians will lose heart, and I will confuse their plans. They will plead with their idols for wisdom and call on spirits, mediums, and those who consult the spirits of the dead.
4. I will hand Egypt over to a hard, cruel master. A fierce king will rule them," says the LORD of Heaven's Armies.
5. The waters of the Nile will fail to rise and flood the fields. The river bed will be parched and dry.
6. The canals of the Nile will dry up, and the streams of Egypt will stink with rotting reeds and rushes.
7. All the greenery along the riverbank and all the crops along the river will dry up and blow away.
8. The fishermen will lament for lack of work. Those who cast hooks into the Nile will groan, and those who use nets will lose heart.
9. There will be no flax for the harvesters, no thread for the weavers.
10. They will be in despair, and all the workers will be sick at heart.
11. What fools are the officials of Zoan! Their best counsel to the king of Egypt is stupid and wrong. Will they still boast to Pharaoh of their wisdom? Will they dare brag about all their wise ancestors?
12. Where are your wise counselors, Pharaoh? Let them tell you what God plans, what the LORD of Heaven's Armies is going to do to Egypt.
13. The officials of Zoan are fools, and the officials of Memphis are deluded. The leaders of the people have led Egypt astray.
14. The LORD has sent a spirit of foolishness on them, so all their suggestions are wrong. They cause Egypt to stagger like a drunk in his vomit.
15. There is nothing Egypt can do. All are helpless — the head and the tail, the noble palm branch and the lowly reed.
16. In that day the Egyptians will be as weak as women. They will cower in fear beneath the upraised fist of the LORD of Heaven's Armies.
17. Just to speak the name of Israel will terrorize them, for the LORD of Heaven's Armies has laid out his plans against them.
18. In that day five of Egypt's cities will follow the LORD of Heaven's Armies. They will even begin to speak Hebrew, the language of Canaan. One of these cities will be Heliopolis, the City of the Sun.
19. In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the heart of Egypt, and there will be a monument to the LORD at its border.
20. It will be a sign and a witness the the LORD of Heaven's Armies is worshiped in the land of Egypt. When the people cry to the LORD for help against those who oppress them, he will send them a savior who will rescue them.
21. The LORD will make himself known to the Egyptians. Yes, they will know the LORD and will give their sacrifices and offerings to him. They will make a vow to the LORD and will keep it.
22. The LORD will strike Egypt, and then he will bring healing. For the Egyptians will turn to the LORD, and he will listen to their pleas and heal them.
23. In that day Egypt and Assyria will be connected by a highway. The Egyptians and Assyrians will move freely between their lands, and they will both worship God.
24. And Israel will be their ally. The three will be together, and Israel will be a blessing to them.
25. For the LORD of Heaven's Armies will say, "Blessed be Egypt, my people, Blessed be Assyria, the land I have made. Blessed be Israel, my special possession!"
Isaiah 19:1-25 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.