read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
A Psalm of David, to be Accompanied by the Flute
Today's Passage: Psalm 5:1-12
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Meditation in WORSHIP
God is able to speak to us through those words that we read and reread, as we think about what we have read and ponder those words infiltrate our minds and change us. They give us a better understanding of what God is saying in His word. Through that better understanding we begin to think differently, and our attitudes and lives change. Even our actions toward ourselves, others and the world change to be more Christlike.
And isn't that what Christians desire? To be Christ like. To be Christ followers. To know God.
With these precepts or tenets in place, let us begin with WORSHIP.
1. O LORD, hear me as I pray; pay attention to my groaning.
2. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for I pray to no one but you.
3. Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.
4. O God, you take no pleasure in wickedness; you cannot tolerate the sins of the wicked.
5. Therefore, the proud may not stand in your presence, for you hate all who do evil.
6. You will destroy those who tell lies. The LORD detests murderers and deceivers.
7. Because of your unfailing love, I can enter your house; I will worship at your Temple with deepest awe.
8. Lead me in the right path, O LORD, or my enemies will conquer me. Make your way plain for me to follow.
9. My enemies cannot speak a truthful word. Their deepest desire is to destroy others. Their talk if foul, like the stench from an open grave. Their tongues are filled with flattery.
10. O God, declare them guilty. Let them be caught in their own traps. Drive them away because of their many sins, for they have rebelled against you.
11. But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread your protection over them, that all who love your name may be filled with joy
12. For you bless the godly, O LORD; you surround them with your shield of love.
Psalm 5:1-12 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.