read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
A Prayer for the Overthrow of the Wicked
Today's Passage: Psalm 10:1-18
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Reading... Simple Act of Meditation
Simple acts of meditation are not difficult.
If they were difficult God would not encourage every person to do them.
They are sometimes uncomfortable.
But they are always profitable.
They bring us closer to the heart of God. We are to Hide His Words In Our Hearts.
1. O LORD, why do you stand so far away? Why do you hid when I am in trouble?
2. The wicked arrogantly hunt down the poor. Let them be caught in the evil they plan for others.
3. For they brag about their evil desires; they praise the greedy and curse the LORD.
4. The wicked are too proud to seek God. They seem to think that God is dead.
5. Yet they succeed in everything they do. They do not see your punishment awaiting them. They sneer at all their enemies.
6. They think, "Nothing bad will every happen to us! We will be free of trouble forever!"
7. Their mouths are full of cursing, lies, and threats. Trouble and evil are on the tips of their tongues.
8. They lurk in ambush in the villages, waiting to murder innocent people. They are always searching for helpless victims.
9. Like lions crouched in hiding, they wait to pounce on the helpless. Like hunters they capture the helpless and drag them away in nets.
10. Their helpless victims are crushed; they fall beneath the strength of the wicked.
11. The wicked think, "God isn't watching us! He has closed his eyes and won't even see what we do!"
12. Arise, O LORD! Punish the wicked, O God! Do not ignore the helpless!
13. Why do the wicked get away with despising God? They think, "God will never call us to account."
14. But you see the trouble and grief they cause. You take note of it and punish them. The helpless put their trust in you. You defend the orphans.
15. Break the arms of these wicked, evil people! Go after them until the last one is destroyed.
16. The LORD is king forever and ever! The godless nations will vanish from the land.
17. LORD, you know the hopes of the helpless. Surely you will hear their cries and comfort them.
18. You will bring justice to the orphans and the oppressed, so mere people can no longer terrify them.
Psalm 10:1-18 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.